WillSpires_Blog_Logo_1

WillSpires_Blog_Logo_1
Let us Draw Near to The Father

Friday, April 6, 2012

A Willing Heart Is the first step to Wisdom


            Shalom! & Welcome! to my new  blog at willspires.com. I want you to be encouraged today, or this evening depending on what time you’re able to drop by. Feel free to surf around the site & get a little better acquainted with me.
             Technology is quite fascinating today, as I’ve never been predisposed to the idea of a blog, and yet—blogging appears to be such an effective means to communicate innovative ideas. Right now though, technology aside, we are living in truly exciting times. Keep coming back each week as I will begin blogging here with distilled points of interest and nuggets of wisdom in the weekly Torah portions. Not only that, here I will be sharing personal testimony of things we can learn to walk in and through in our daily life.App
            I want this to be a place where friends and sojourners seeking God’s truth can find a fellow pilgrim here. I don’t have it all figured out, but like the song Ivrim says, ‘Anach nu B’derek’, which is Hebrew for “We are All on The Journey”. One among many, a favorite verse of mine found in the Psalms says “So teach us to number our days, that we may present to Thee a heart of wisdom”  (Ps.90:12). It always comes back to a matter of the heart, and the more I mine God’s word the more I find His word truly is a portrait of His heart to us, His children. This is a place where we strive to honor Our Creator in our lives, but knowing full well that although we possess His Word, none of have learned to successfully possess their own souls. I do know though that it is a life-long journey, and it requires patience, prayer, forgiveness, and above all—A Willing Heart.

On the music frontline of the music ministry, as The LORD allows I have committed myself to getting back in the studio in earnest. In fact, I have an important announcement; with the help of my brother Dana Martin I’ve just completed the title track, Guide Our Feet. This song was birthed out of a desire to understand the Kedushah prayer read daily in the Amidah. It is a song sent straight from The Father, and was prayed by many of the great sages, men of the Great Assembly such as Ezra and Nehemiah. I encourage you to check it out! You can stream it directly from my Reverbnation page at www.reverbnation.com/willspires, or from my facebook page at www.facebook.com/bringasacrificeofpraise. There are links located here at the top of my blog page, and also on my homepage as well.
In a recent agreement with Reverbnation, Guide Our Feet will soon be distributed for download/purchase at Amazon, iTunes, Spotify and a number of other music websites.  Also I would appreciate your prayers, as after coordinating with my brother Rennie Rivera and my Mother-in-Law, I have almost completed Guia Nuestros Pies, the Spanish translation of Guide Our Feet, which I hope to have available for download/purchase hopefully in the next few weeks. Debora and I have a burden for our Hispanic brothers and sisters and believe Abba has called us to reach out to them as we strive to share Messiah in Torah.
Right now I’m working on two new songs. One that I want to share with you is  called ’I Was the One’. It’s a very telling tale, and personal account of how we can engage in ‘Lashon Hara’ for the sake of our pride. I think it will be a song we can all relate to.
There is a silver lining, but I don’t want to give it all away just yet. Truthfully it proves to be a funny, quick song, that’s light on its feet, as you will be encouraged and uplifted as it barrels down long stretches of open road sharing about the need for Honesty, ‘Keeping it Real’, forgiving one another—and yourself; and learning from our mistakes.
So let’s call it an introduction, Welcome, follow me on Twitter as you can keep up with progress on the latest songs, teachings and fellowships I look to be sharing. Until the next installment, Keep in touch, Shalom! Shalom!



No comments:

Post a Comment